Thursday 5 May 2016

IELTS Speaking Cue Card 12 - A stage in your life that you enjoyed the most

Talk about a stage in your life that you enjoyed the most. Please say -
1.   When was it?
2.   Where you were at that time?
3.   Why did you enjoy it so much?   

SAMPLE ANSWER

There are many stages in a person's life which he or she enjoys the most. One such stage in my life, which I would like to describe today, is the phase when I pursued my undergraduate studies from the city of Bhopal. This particular stage of my life occurred nearly four years back when I enrolled into one of the finest engineering colleges in Bhopal - Oriental Institute of Science and Technology.

As the town I belong to does not have any good and recognized engineering institutes, I decided to travel all the way to Bhopal , which is also the capital city of Madhya Pradesh and is also known as the education hub for central India in order to pursue my higher education.

I really enjoyed this phase of my life due to several reasons. Firstly, as I traveled to a completely new city, it gave me a sense of both, freedom and responsibility at the same time. In addition to it, I made many new friends and interacted with different people, which helped me in enhancing my overall personality. Furthermore, as Bhopal is a city that is rich in its natural beauty and also boasts of its cultural and archaeological heritage, I enjoyed traveling in and around the city during the weekends.

Although what made my stay all the more enjoyable is the fact that I would often go out with my friends on long drives or weekend tours to places like Bheembethka, Sanchi, Raisen or Bhojpur among others. All these beautiful memories I earned during my time in this city made my stay worth living.

Thus in the end I would like to say that these four years of my college life were probably the best and the most memorable years of my life. If ever given a chance in the coming future, I would definitely like to settle down in this peaceful and naturally beautiful city of lakes, and spend the rest of my life here.

(This model answer can be followed as an example of a very good answer. However, please note that this is just one example out of many possible approaches.)


No comments:

Post a Comment