Saturday 23 April 2016

IELTS Speaking Cue Card 09 - An item you use in your free time

Describe an item you use in your free time. You should mention - 
1.   What it looks like?
2.   How is it used?
3.   Where you keep it when you are not using it?
4.   And say how would you improve that item if you could and why?

SAMPLE ANSWER

There are a lot of things that I use in my daily life that helps me to make my life a lot easier. One such item about which I would like to talk today is my mobile phone. I use this item often when I am free and have not much important work to do. Over the years, my mobile phone has become my best companion and I use it for various purposes.

The make of my cell phone is Samsung Galaxy S6 and it is white in color. It has a slim design which makes it look stylish and modern. I use my cell phone for a lot of different day-to-day operations. Firstly, I use it to stay connected with my friends, family and relatives through calls and social networking sites like Facebook. Moreover, I also enjoy listening songs, watching movies and play games over the internet through it. Apart from it, as it comes with a 16 GB internal storage system, it allows me to store a number of academic projects and papers and enable me to carry them along with me wherever I go.

At times, when I am not using my cell phone I generally keep it safely on my study desk or in my pocket so that it is not damaged. Even though my mobile phone comes with a lot of different functionalities there are still a few areas where it requires improvement and upgradation. To begin with, as I am an avid traveler I love to take photographs of the places that I travel to. However, as my mobile phone is equipped with a basic camera, I would like to enhance its camera resolution. In addition to it, I would also like to make a few modifications in the design and outer body of the phone, so that it provides its users with a stronger grip to hold, thus eliminating the chances of accidental slips while in use.

I personally believe that having a mobile phone today is both a necessity as well as a luxury. One cannot live its life today, without interacting with people and thus mobile phones help to connect individuals socially.

(This model answer can be followed as an example of a very good answer. However, please note that this is just one example out of many possible approaches.)



No comments:

Post a Comment