Thursday 7 April 2016

IELTS speaking cue card 08 - A place you often go on your days off

Describe a place you often go on your days off. You should say -  
1.   Where it is?
2.   Who you go with?
3.   Why you go there?
4.   And say how it compares to other places where you could spend your free time?

SAMPLE ANSWER

As I love to travel a lot, I visit many places whenever I get some time off from my busy schedule. Moreover, as Bhopal is a beautiful city with many tourist spots one can enjoy at, there are always plenty of options available to the people in deciding where they wish to spend their time.

The place I would like to describe today and where I often go during my days off is the DB City Mall, which is located at MP Nagar, Bhopal. It is one of the largest malls in India and is among the major entertainment and recreational hub for the people of this beautiful city. In addition to it, as it is located centrally within the city, it is visited by a large number of people, both during the weekdays as well as weekends.

As I am presently a student, I usually get time off during the weekends and it is during that time I visit this place either with my friends or with my family. As already mentioned above, it is one of the biggest malls in India and has a wide variety of activities one can choose to do from. The availability of such diverse options is one of the foremost reasons I love to visit this place. DB Mall has something for people of all age groups. For instance - one can enjoy shopping through the various brand outlets that form a part of the mall. Or if someone wishes to enjoy completely, the well built gaming zone and arcade along with the bowling alley can be their perfect preference. Furthermore, food lovers can enjoy a variety of cuisines from across the country at the food court, which is built on the fourth floor of the mall. Finally, a six screen multiplex built at the top floor along with a rooftop cafeteria and restaurant is like a "cherry on the cake" for people visiting this place.

As compared to other places where I could spend my free time, I believe DB City Mall is a point which is equipped not only with the latest trends in the fashion, technology and entertainment industry but also offers comfort, luxury and value for money at the same time. As compared to stereotypical archaeological or other places of historical importance, that a person likes to spend time at, this place can be truly termed as an "Entertainment Paradise" for the people of the city of Bhopal as well as those who visit it from other parts of the country. I would like to keep visiting this place in the coming future as well and would recommend every individual touring Bhopal to travel here at least once in their life to experience enjoyment mixed with luxury in a completely unique and refreshing manner.

(This model answer can be followed as an example of a very good answer. However, please note that this is just one example out of many possible approaches.)



No comments:

Post a Comment